This four-day instructor-led training course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to plan, deploy, configure, and manage a cluster running the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP).
What You Will Learn
Students who successfully complete this course will learn how to administer Apache Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). You will be able to:
- Install the Hortonworks Data Platform
- Manage Hadoop services
- Use and manage Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) Storage
- Configure rack awareness
- Manage cluster nodes and cluster node storage
- Use HDFS snapshots and Distributed Copy (DistCp)
- Configure heterogeneous storage and HDFS centralized cache
- Configure an HDFS NFS gateway and NameNode high availability
- Describe the View File System (ViewFS)
- Manage YARN resources and run YARN applications
- Configure the YARN capacity scheduler, containers, and queues to manage computing resources
- Configure YARN node labels and YARN ResourceManager high availability
- Manage Ambari alerts
- Deploy an HDP cluster using Ambari blueprints
- Upgrade a cluster to a newer version of HDP
What to Expect
This course is designed primarily for system administrators and system operators responsible for installing, configuring, and managing an HDP cluster.
Students must have experience working in a Linux environment with standard Linux system commands. Students should be able to read and execute basic Linux shell scripts. In addition, we recommend that students have some operational experience in data center practices.