Prague, Czech Republic – 27.7. 2017 – Knowledge Factory, s.r.o., a Red Hat Training and Certification delivery partner in the Czech Republic and Slovakia announced today the availability of a new Red Hat Certification Individual Exam testing location in Bratislava. Since 1999, Red Hat certifications have helped professionals prove their skills and providing employers a meaningful way to find and develop qualified professionals.
Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Business Rules exam is a performance-based exam. Individuals who earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Business Rules have demonstrated the skills and knowledge to implement and manage business logic using Red Hat JBoss BRMS. IT professionals taking this exam will be asked to perform a number of tasks, ranging in complexity from implementing very simple business rules using decision tables, to creating relatively complex business logic flows that require the use of conflict resolution techniques to ensure that the various rules fire in the correct order. Candidates are then evaluated on how well their implementations meet objective criteria such as producing a specific output given a specific set of inputs.
Familiarize yourself with the tools, environment, and requirements of the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Business Rules exam.
- Experienced enterprise Java developers who are familiar with service-oriented architecture (SOA) principles and JBoss ESB
- Enterprise SOA architects with some Java development experience and knowledge of JBoss ESB
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives which highlights the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance. This course is a combination of Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB461) and Developing with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463)
Candidates should be able to perform the tasks listed below:
Designing Business Rules
- Creating and using an intermediate drools model with associated facts
- Organizing rules and managing facts
- Understanding and using effective rule design patterns
- Basic rulesCalendars Decision tables
- Rule templates
- Prioritizing and ordering rule execution
- Grouping rules
- Using rule flow groups
- Building common object
- Stateless kie session
- Stateful kie session
- Adding, removing and updating facts
Testing and Maintenance
- Creating effective test scenarios
- Identifying potential issues including poorly designed rules
- Understanding the impacts of different rule designs and implementations
- Identifying and avoiding common, inefficient results such as cartesian products
- Deploying and managing rules
- Creating and using snapshots
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days. Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
There are no prerequisites to take this exam but it is recommended that an individual take Implementing Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB465).