Prague, Czech Republic – 27.7. 2017 – Knowledge Factory, s.r.o., a Red Hat Training and Certification delivery partner in the Czech Republic and Slovakia announced today the availability of a new Red Hat Certification Individual Exam testing location in Bratislava. Since 1999, Red Hat certifications have helped professionals prove their skills and providing employers a meaningful way to find and develop qualified professionals.
Introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift®Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5. DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
Course content summary
- Learn about container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Install an OpenShift cluster.
- Configure and manage masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I).
- Manage storage on OpenShift.
Audience for this course
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
Prerequisites for this course
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies