The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Performance Tuning exam (EX442) tests your ability to use standard system tools to analyze the performance of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and its applications. The offering also validates the knowledge needed to use standard system tools and mechanisms to modify the behavior of the system and applications to improve performance.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Performance Tuning, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®). This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Architect (RHCSA®) or have comparable work experience and skills (RHCE would be even better)
- Take Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH442) or have extensive work experience in performance tuning
- Review the objectives for this exam