Prague, Czech Republic – 27.7. 2017 – Knowledge Factory, s.r.o., a Red Hat Training and Certification delivery partner in the Czech Republic and Slovakia announced today the availability of a new Red Hat Certification Individual Exam testing location in Bratislava. Since 1999, Red Hat certifications have helped professionals prove their skills and providing employers a meaningful way to find and develop qualified professionals.
Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Business Process Design Exam (EX427) is a performance-based certificate exam. Individuals who earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Business Process Design have demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a number of tasks using Red Hat JBoss® Developer Studio and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite.
Holders of the Certificate of Expertise in Business Process Design are able to:
- Configure and use Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite activities
- Define and manipulate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite variables
- Understand and use flow control in Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite business processes
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, review the exam objectives, which highlight the task areas you can expect to see on the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should be able to perform these tasks:
Configure and use Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite activities, including:
- User Task
- Custom work item
- Business rule task
- Sub process
Define and manipulate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite variables, including:
- Global variables
- Process variables
- Task variables
- Mapping variables to activity parameters
Understand and use flow control in Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite business processes, including:
- Understanding the meaning and use of the different start and end events
- Using gateways to branch process flows
Understand the specific benefits and weaknesses of different Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite process elements, including but not limited to:
- Script vs. work item
- Stop vs. terminate
Handle technical exceptions and process errors:
- Using signal
- Using error code
- Triggered by event subprocess
- Integrate with external processes
Familiarize yourself with the official Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite documentation for the version used in the exam (BPM 6.0.2). The exam environment includes a snapshot of the official BPMS 6.0.2 docs so being familiar with them will significantly help if you need to look up anything during the exam. In addition to the official documentation for the product version being tested, there may also be sample files or additional documentation included with the product itself. We will not strip out anything that is normally included, but you will not be able to use the Internet to search for or use other documentation. It's a good idea to keep these restrictions in mind as you study. Make sure you're familiar with, and only rely on, the official product documentation for the version specified. Due to technical limitations in the exam environment, we strongly recommend that you use the +HTML-SINGLE+ version of the docs as that is the version that is easiest to use and view during the exam.
Audience and prerequisites
- Business Analysts, non-technical developers, and experienced developers who are responsible for designing and implementing business processes using Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite. The exam does not require any Java programming expertise.
- Students who have attended Developing Workflow Applications with Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (JB427) course.
Prerequisite skills for the exam
- Be able to use Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 2.0 modeler plug-in to create and edit business processes.
- Be able to read and run JUnit-based BPMS unit tests using either the mvn command line or Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.