Prague, Czech Republic – 27.7. 2017 – Knowledge Factory, s.r.o., a Red Hat Training and Certification delivery partner in the Czech Republic and Slovakia announced today the availability of a new Red Hat Certification Individual Exam testing location in Bratislava. Since 1999, Red Hat certifications have helped professionals prove their skills and providing employers a meaningful way to find and develop qualified professionals.
Introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform. The video classroom version is only available on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Course content summary
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Audience for this course
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
Prerequisites for this course
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) , or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
You learn about the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with our free offering, Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080).